Unless you’ve been hiding under a rock, you’ve heard about Coronavirus. If you search Coronavirus on Google, there are no less than 4 billion results! “Flu” by comparison, has less 0.5 bn results.
Judging from the interest generated, Coronavirus is undoubtedly one of the most important themes of the year, if not the decade.
This doesn’t necessarily mean the virus will be catastrophic, or that it will affect a substantially large portion of the population.
However, from a mundane and astrological perspective, it is the perception of its relevance that matters, not its actual severity and impact.
There are probably tens of equally or more significant ongoing events we know nothing about, because the media is either not reporting on them, or because they simply have not stirred our fears and captured our interest as much.
But how can we explain Coronavirus with astrology?
There is a lot going on in the sky at the moment. The Capricorn stellium has been building up for months now and it was just a matter of time until something major happened.
If there is one major aspect that is ‘responsible’ for Coronavirus – that is the Jupiter-Pluto conjunction in Capricorn.
Pluto rules pandemics and the major life and death cycles, while Jupiter rules societal issues, and has a quality of spreading and magnifying.
Both Jupiter and Pluto have an amplifying quality, and when they join together, they blow things out of proportion.
We have a Jupiter-Pluto conjunction every 13 years, and this, of course, doesn’t mean we will have a virus or a pandemic every 13 years. But because Jupiter and Pluto are now part of a large stellium, their impact is much more powerful.
The conjunction is in Capricorn, a sign associated with the old age, and indeed, the older population seems to be more affected by the virus.
The Nodes of the Moon are also connected to viruses in astrology, and it is interesting that the Nodes are involved in a square to Chiron.
The Nodes-Chiron square started to form early this year, and will peak mid-March. Chiron, although it is not directly connected to viruses, will increase the feelings of vulnerability and helplessness.
The Nodes square Chiron suggest that we are at a karmic crossroad – this is a time to learn how to embrace our vulnerability in times of uncertainty.
Let’s look at the Coronavirus Covid-19 timeline and the corresponding astrological transits:
- December 1st, 2019 – Jupiter enters Capricorn – the first known patient started experiencing symptoms
- December 26th, 2019 – South Node, Total Solar Eclipse conjunct Jupiter – the virus is identified as being closely related to a bat-SARS-like Coronavirus
- January 9th, 2020 – (approx) Saturn Conjunct Pluto – the gene sequencing data of the virus is made public; the virus gets its name
- February 21st, 2020 onwards – Mars enters Capricorn, joining the Capricorn stellium – the number of cases increases exponentially, there are various outbreaks all over the world, Italy being the more severely affected
What to expect next?
- March 2020 – Mars applying to a conjunction with Jupiter and Pluto – the outbreak intensifies.
- On March 18th, 2020, there will be a record of 6 planets in Capricorn, 5 of which are engaged in a very tight conjunction within 8° of the zodiac. The Moon and Mars are at 21° Capricorn, Jupiter is at 22° Capricorn, Pluto at 24° Capricorn and Saturn at 29° Capricorn.
- The period of time between March 18th and March 23rd – when Mars applies to a conjunction to Pluto – will be very problematic, and we will most likely witness a peak in the spread of the disease.
- On March 21st, 2020 Saturn moves into Aquarius, and will most likely come with some measures that will impact the freedom of movement of the people (Saturn is restriction, Aquarius is groups of people). The quarantine areas will likely spread, and there might be air travel restrictions, since Aquarius is the sign of air travel.
- On April 1st, 2020 Mars will conjunct Saturn at 0° Aquarius. This is a very important date in the evolution of the virus, since 0° is where the Jupiter-Saturn conjunction will occur in December 2020.
- On April 4th, 2020 Jupiter is conjunct Pluto. A very important event connected to the virus will likely take place around this date.
On the positive note, starting April 1st, 2020 Mars and Saturn are out of Capricorn, releasing the tension. This should hopefully lead to a decline in the spread of the virus.
However, since the Jupiter-Pluto conjunction is active until November 2020, I expect there to be further developments that will influence our society as a whole.
Saturn in Aquarius – A New Chapter
Saturn is on and off Aquarius this year and moves for good in Aquarius in December.
Aquarius rules networks of people, globalization and how the society at large ‘functions’, including global trends that are shaping our future.
Aquarius also rules the internet (a network of information, information is “Air”, and Aquarius is an Air sign) and the stock exchange (since the stock exchange is an expression of what groups of people and institutions believe is relevant from an economical perspective).
All these Aquarian topics will likely be influenced by the Coronavirus outbreak, even after the contagious disease comes to an end.
Our society as a whole will be profoundly transformed.
Coronavirus And Jupiter Conjunct Pluto
But before Saturn in Aquarius, we have Jupiter conjunct Pluto, which I believe to be the transit that is ‘responsible’ for the spread of the Coronavirus.
Even if Coronavirus is, by all means, something negative, let’s not forget that Jupiter is the greater benefic in astrology. Jupiter’s involvement in the Coronavirus epidemic is a promise that somehow, something good will come out of it.
What about Pluto?
“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent; it is the one most adaptable to change”
… said Darwin, but this could well be a Pluto quote.
Pluto’s higher purpose is to make us more resilient, so that we can stand a better chance of survival in the long run.
We all need to take responsibility for what is going on in the world right now.
Have we stagnated? Got too complacent? Pluto is here to tell us that change is a constant of life, and we’d better embrace it every step of the way, so that there is no need for things like Coronavirus to happen in the future.
Or perhaps we just need to all take a break, work less, spend more time at home or in solitude so we can tune into our inner selves more. It is in the space of doing nothing at all, that we can discover the more important things in life.
Join 32.000+ other followers and subscribe to weekly Astro Butterfly updates: