The Full Moon which is also a Supermoon occurs in Taurus, the sign of her exaltation. The Moon feels at her best in the sensual, earthy sign of Taurus.
After the stressful previous Full Moon in Aries, which might have pushed you out of your natural rhythm, this Full Moon’s energy is healing, earthy and grounding. The Full Moon in Taurus will gently help you reclaim your peace and inner equilibrium – now is the time to do things that align you with your internal clock, get grounded and find your center.
A sextile from Chiron will support the gentle healing. Chiron is the medicine man and goes very well with the earthy energy of Taurus.
You may want to try some healing herbs, experiment with flower essences or do aromatherapy.
The ruler of the Full Moon, Venus, is now in Capricorn, adding to the earthy qualities of Taurus.
In Capricorn, Venus brings the bigger perspective and it will help you manage your resources and set smart goals.
If Moon is Taurus sees something that smells good and wants to buy it, Venus in Capricorn will gently remind her that sometimes she is better off saving the money, so she can buy something more valuable than a whim.
The awareness (Capricorn) of your energy levels and resources (Taurus) can help you realize how to spend them wisely.
Moon in Taurus rules our values, our senses, our emotional as well as physical well-being, our diet and our routines and rituals. During this Full Moon, which will release the energies build up starting with the New Moon on the 30th of October, we will be coming back into the world of senses, back into our body, back into engaging with our everyday environment.
Neptune is also coming close to a conjunction to the South Node of the past, highlighting even more the need to break free from patterns and behaviors that no longer serve us. Neptune is now stationary direct and is stronger than ever. Pay attention to your dreams as you may receive important messages in the next few days.
The reason why Full Moons are so powerful is because the Moon is on the other side of the Sun, where she can shine in the full splendor. But she is also very exposed there, because the Sun sits just opposite, watching her every move.
During the time of the Full Moon, the Sun in Scorpio is conjunct Lilith, the dark side of the Moon, exposing all the feminine wounds, all the pain, frustrations and inhibitions that the anima has been building up through centuries and millenniums of development of the psyche. Because Lilith is conjunct the Sun, it is likely she will blame the men (Sun) for all the suffering, while asking the Moon do deal with it.
Thankfully, the harmonious Chiron influence (sextile to the Moon and trine to the Sun/Lilith) will facilitate the integration of the dark side of anima and animus, healing and letting go of anything that needs to be healed.
Things to do during the Full Moon in Taurus:
- This Full Moon energy is very earthy and feminine – take the time to listen to the signals you’re getting from your body; recognize what it feels like to be in your body. Listen to your body’s response on what you put in it. Follow your own natural rhythm of living and do what feels right to you
- Inner balance can blossom when your everyday life can provide a structure that can nurture and support you. (Re)discover routines and rituals such as: 5 minutes of meditation every day at 9:00, a walk in the park every Tuesday and Thursday, or simply having your coffee the way you like it, at the same time, with the same ingredients. You can write down your (new) ritual and put it in your diary
- Shopping will feel so good – but make sure you only spend money on valuable items
- Spend time in nature – if you have the opportunity go hiking or camping, or do gardening
- A healthy level of indulgence is appropriate now. You can slowly savor some chocolate or a glass of red wine – sensual experiences of food and touch are important for Taurus, so now during the Full Moon is the best time to explore them
- Reflect on your feelings of self-worth – what are they built on? On what you’ve been told, or rather on your mature, realistic self-assessment? No one can tell you anything worthwhile about you that you don’t already believe yourself
- Last but not least, don’t forget this Full Moon is also a Supermoon so go out for a nice walk and watch it 🙂