Uranus goes retrograde on August 19, 2021, at 14° Taurus.
The world won’t literally turn upside down (hopefully!), but Uranus stationary retrograde will definitely bring a lot of surprises.
Uranus is different. Uranus is nothing like other planets. The only way to understand Uranus is to not try to understand… at least not with our Mercurial, facts-driven mind.
Uranus is the flash of insight that comes from the sky. It does not come from your mind, or from someone around you. It comes from the sky above.
Uranus is all about surprises. You cannot understand Uranus, prepare for Uranus, master Uranus. The nature of Uranus is CHANGE and its role is to take you by surprise and turn your life upside down.
Can you really prepare for Uranus?
No. Uranus energy comes like a strike of lightning.
Uranus is literally a flash of lightning.
Roy Sullivan, nicknamed “human lightning conductor”, the man who has been struck by lightning for a record of 7 times (and survived them all) has his chart ruler, Mercury in a very tight conjunction with Uranus at 0° Aquarius! (Uranus rules Aquarius).
Saturn Vs. Uranus – Rules Vs. Freedom
Uranus is the opposite of Saturn. If with Saturn you know what you get, with Uranus you never know what you get.
If Saturn rewards hard work and punishes you when you don’t put in the effort, Uranus can turn things in your favor even when you don’t deserve it and can disrupt your life even when you’ve done everything ‘right’… at least, by Saturn’s standards 😉
Uranus will make sure that change happens, whether you like it or not.
Uranus is freedom, innovation, collective memory, sudden change, sudden illumination, breakthroughs, disruption, creativity, liberation, your true, authentic self.
Uranus Retrograde – It’s YOU Who Needs To Change
While Uranus direct is a time to make changes in your environment, in the outside world, Uranus retrograde is a time for an internal change.
This time, it’s you who needs to change, not the world around you. Uranian energy is like a scissor that cuts the ties of the past and pushes you to experience the world from a completely different perspective.
The shift will take place in the realm of the unconscious.
Don’t over-analyze your thoughts and actions. Remember, it is not Mercury that turns retrograde. With Uranus, the shift takes place in your subtle mind. Allow the Universe to talk to you in Its language, not in yours.
Uranus retrograde can be experienced in a myriad of ways:
- Freedom – Uranus is all about allowing your spirit to flow freely, unrestricted by false demands or pretense. Uranus retrograde will bring you the key to your cage once you understand that the only freedom that is, you already have. “You can chain me, you can torture me, you can even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind” – Ghandi
- Reboot – think about electricity, its nature is on and off, 0 and 1. Uranus will teach you that you can be 100% “on” in a moment and then completely switch off and reboot. Whatever you do, start with a beginner’s mind. A good visualization exercise is to imagine you are an alien, you landed on Earth and you want to understand what the human race is all about. Approach life with curiosity.
- A desire to get real and be honest with yourself – no more lies, no more comfort, it is time to face what’s holding you back, get real about what you want, and go after it! Become the person you really want to be.
- A desire to completely change your life. If you are not happy with your job change it. If you are not happy with your relationship, leave it. Do whatever you need to do to, change the things that aren’t working and move on to something better.
- Trauma – Uranus’ station can bring into your awareness long-forgotten memories. Any issues that you, or your ancestors (Uranus, together with Chiron, rules genetic memory) have not dealt with, can come to the surface now.
- Anxiety – because of the disruptive quality of Uranus, we can experience fear and anxiety. Remember it is absolutely normal to experience fear and anxiety when you are about to change something in your life. Make friends with your anxiety and let it propel you forward!
- Flashes of intuitive energy – the higher guidance can come to you out of nowhere. Situations that seemed impossible will begin to work themselves out. Uranus wants to liberate your mind from dogmas so you can think free. A free mind has nothing to prove to anyone.
People who have a lot of Earth (Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn) or Fixed (Taurus, Leo, Scorpio) energy in their chart, can find this intense Uranus retrograde energy difficult to deal with, whereas people with a lot of Air or Mutable energy in their chart will thrive during the Uranus station.
If you have personal planets or angles at 14° in Taurus, Leo, Scorpio or Aquarius, Uranus retrograde can bring you sudden changes. However disruptive the change, remember that Uranus only works for your highest good.
Join 49.000+ other followers and subscribe to weekly Astro Butterfly updates: