The Scorpio New Moon on Sunday 30 October is at 7° Scorpio.
What sets you on fire? What makes your heart sing? What makes you feel alive? What would you die for?
The Scorpio New Moon is conjunct Mercury and trine Neptune, bringing us the clarity (Mercury) and the psychic intuition (Neptune) to see what it actually takes to make our desires come true. Neptune softens the hard Scorpio shell, while Mercury, so close to the Sun and the Moon, has the power to penetrate the deepest corners of our mind and soul and bring whatever is there into the light of awareness. In Scorpio, Mercury communicates at a soul level.
Photo credit – Karen Mackenzie, Zodiac series
The New Moon is not only in perfect angle to Neptune, but to the South Node as well, bringing to surface all the ideals we wished we have lived up to. How many of them are still relevant? Mercury / Neptune line up makes for a en extremely heightened intuition. Tap into your inner wisdom, and pay attention to your dreams, as well as to any message that might come though unusual channels.
Just like the Phoenix, the mythical bird that transforms itself by burning up in flames and then being reborn – we also need to let go of what no longer serves us, heal the past, and walk (again) the path from darkness to light.
Scorpionic journeys are not easy trails – they’re narrow, with ups and downs, blazing fast downhills with sharp turns, and they lead to the deepest caves of our soul – because this is where we will find what we need to feel whole again.
I cannot highlight more how important it is now to go deep within yourself and face your darkest fears. Burn away the old once and for all. Let go of that baggage in the basement – you don’t need it anymore. Call for new beginnings in your life.
To recap, the Scorpio New Moon is the perfect time to do things that require intensity and passion, your full participation and commitment, body of soul. Now is the time to start again, to go for something you strongly believe in – even if you need to “set fire to the rain”.
To further understand how this New Moon will impact you on a personal level, locate 7° of Scorpio in your natal chart. The areas in your life associated with that house are going to be most influenced by this New Moon.
Things to reflect upon during the New Moon in Scorpio:
- Set an intention to get rid of some old “baggage” – What is that thing that keeps you stuck in the past? Which area of your life you will benefit from an autumn/spring cleaning?
- Make a commitment about something you really really want
- Grow – the Phoenix inside you can only regenerate through the hope and the desire to be born, to renew itself and continue to grow, over and over again
- Forgive – What does it take to let go of the past, and blaming others for your current circumstances? Can you simply forgive, no matter what?
Scorpio New Moon Meditation
Because this New Moon is so watery and psychic, a love and kindness meditation can really do wonders if you do it right after the New Moon occurs (17:28 UT).
- Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths. Allow yourself to relax
- Start focusing on the sensations in your body. Do a body scan from the top of your head to the soles of your feet. What are the sensations you’re experiencing in different parts of your body?
- After you reach the soles of your feet, move your attention to your sacral chakra, about two inches below the navel. Focusing on the sacral chakra is a great way to explore Scorpionic themes such as intimacy vs fear, attachment vs change, trust vs guild. Spend some time here. What do you feel? Explore this feeling, whatever it is, even if it is a sense of numbness.
- Move your attention to your abdomen, and then to your heart. Spend some time here. Then make a wish of kindness for yourself, for example “May I experience love and kindness, happiness and peace”
- Make the same wish for someone you love, for example your child, your spouse or your parent. Set the same intention “May you enjoy kindness, happiness and peace”
- Now set the same intention for someone you respect, for example a mentor, a manager at work, or a celebrity you admire
- Further set the intention to an acquaintance you have neutral feelings about
- And lastly, send the love to someone you dislike or you resent. If you initially experience resistance, stay there until it goes
- Then slowly move up through your spine all the way up to the top of your head. Stay there. And when you feel ready, set the intention for this New Moon. Do not think about your intention right now (when you’re reading this article), but when you’re actually doing the meditation. Be open to whatever comes.