Imagine what your life would be like if you healed your deepest wound. Chiron’s long stay in Aries is your opportunity to heal your deepest wound and turn it into your greatest gift.
Chiron in Aries is one of the most anticipated transits of the year. Chiron moves into Aries on 17th of April 2018 and leaves Aries on 14th of April 2027. Chiron moves back into Pisces for a few months later this year, and spends a few more months in Taurus, before finally moving out of Aries in 2027. But all in all, Chiron is here for a long stay.
Aries is the first sign of the zodiac. Aries stands for “I am, I exist”. Aries is probably the most important transit for Chiron, because it’s the longest. Chiron spends very little time in some signs (only 1.5 years in Libra, for example)… but spends up to 8 years in Aries.
Chiron spends so much time in Aries because it has perhaps more work to do here than in any other sign. Aries is the Self. This is where it hurts the most. Wounds related to our identity, to our sense of the Self, take a long time to heal.
If in Pisces, your lesson was to surrender to your pain, to find a higher meaning in your suffering, in Aries, you will want to finally do something about your wound and take personal ownership for your healing.
Chiron crossing the 0° of the zodiac marks a new beginning for all of us.
Chiron archetype comes from the Greek mythology. Chiron was the son of Saturn and the nymph Philyra. Born half man, half horse, Chiron is rejected by his mother. Abandoned by his parents, Chiron suffers his first wound.
Apollo, the god of music, prophecy, medicine, and healing, adopts Chiron and teaches him everything he knows. Chiron carries the Appolo’s legacy forward – and discovers botany and pharmacy, the science of herbs and medicine.
Chiron was highly skilled, educated and kind. But the irony was that even if he could heal everyone else, Chiron couldn’t heal himself.
Ultimately, Chiron gives up his immortality to help Prometheus, who was chained to a rock. Gods agree to release Chiron from suffering and let him die. Upon his death, Chiron is released from his wound that would never heal and honored with the constellation of Centaurus, one of the largest constellations in the sky.
When Chiron gave up his immortality, ironically – he became immortal. Your deepest wound eventually becomes your greatest gift, your legacy, what you leave behind for generations to come.
Chiron rising in the sky and transforming into a beautiful constellation is a message that while your greatest gift can only rise from pain and suffering – this gift is much more than your pain and your suffering.
Chiron, this half-horse, half-God maverick, represents our hope that we can unite the instinctual animal part of ourselves with the divine, immortal part of ourselves.
Healing takes time and awareness. Chiron stands for the different stages of soul development.
Chiron symbolizes our deepest wound – that deep, dark part of us that we’re not only hiding from others – but also from ourselves.
Chiron symbolizes our attempts – conscious and unconscious – to heal this wound.
Last but not least, Chiron represents the key to our spiritual transformation, what we do to transcend our physical, emotional or intellectual limitations.
The house where you have Chiron in your natal chart shows your primal wound – the wound your soul has been called to heal in this lifetime.
Most of us suffer in silence. While you may think you have a miserable life compared to your neighbor, your colleague, or the beautiful movie star on the cover of the magazine, remember that we all have Chiron somewhere in our natal chart. All of us come into this life with a wound to heal.
And all of us came with a promise. That if we would only heal this wound, if we would only allow that divine spark inside each one of us to come out, then we will finally understand what our purpose in this life is.
By healing your wound, you are healing the world. By bringing your gift out of the shadows, you are making the world a better place.
There are 3 expressions of Chiron energy, corresponding to the 3 Chiron archetypes:
- The 1st expression of Chiron is the Wounded Healer. The energy is similar to Saturn. You cannot heal yourself unless you know where it hurts. The first stage of healing is acknowledging the wound. And although you might think you know what your problem is, you most probably don’t. If only it was that simple! The Wounded Healer is the dormant, unconscious expression of Chiron.
- The 2nd Chiron archetype is the Shaman – this is the intermediate expression of Chiron, representing the struggle to accept that pain is part of life, but also the opportunity that comes with this awareness. In this stage of Chironic development, we start to acknowledge our wound, and attempt to heal it. All the struggles we humans go through happen because we fail to integrate the broken parts inside of us. Think about the big decisions in your life, your failures, and missed opportunities. There was one part of you who wanted something, and another part who wanted something else. There are parts of you which you love and accept, and parts of you which you despise and try to dissociate from. But unless you learn to bring together all these broken parts, you can never bring to light your highest potential.
- The 3rd Chiron archetype is the Alchemist. The energy is similar to Uranus. This is the highest expression of Chiron. In this form, Chiron has transcended his limitations. He has healed his wound and transformed it into a gift. Just like Chiron transformed into the constellation of Centaurus, the Alchemist-Chiron is a symbol of transcendence, of reaching a higher level of awareness.
Intrigued? Do you want to go deeper? Do you want to understand how these three Chiron archetypes play out in your life?
Chiron – Your Deepest Wound, Your Greatest Gift is a 3-week email course to help you identify your deepest wound, so you can transform it into your greatest gift.
The course comes with 6 modules and combines astrology with psychology, self-inquiry and other self-development approaches.
Every Wednesday you will explore how each Chiron archetype plays out in your natal chart. Every Saturday you will explore a different psychological perspective of Chiron.
- In the 1st week (from April 25th until May 1st) you will learn about the 1st Chiron archetype “The wounded healer”. You will identify your deepest wound, based on the position of Chiron in your natal chart.
- In the 2nd week (from May 2nd until May 8th) you will explore the 2nd Chiron archetype “The Shaman”. You will learn what a ‘healing crisis’ is, and what the best approaches to heal your wound are.
- In the 3rd week (from May 9th until May 15th) you will dive into the 3rd Chiron archetype “The Alchemist”. Here you will discover what Chiron in Aries has to say about your unique gift.
On Wednesday 25th April you will receive the first module of the course, together with your first exercises and assignments. As a bonus, at the end of each module, you will receive a Chiron meditation (tailored to the content of the course) to guide you throughout your journey.
The course ends on May 15th, the day when Uranus, the planet of freedom and liberation changes signs and moves into Taurus. There is no coincidence the course ends with Uranus starting a new journey in the zodiac. The highest expression of Chiron is Uranus. By completing the course on a Uranus day, you will allow yourself to start a new chapter of your life, in freedom and liberation.
Click here to find out more details about the course and decide whether it is a good fit for you: Chiron – Your Deepest Wound, Your Greatest Gift Email Course