Saturn and the Nodes of the Moon – the past and the future
The past creates the future and the future is a reflection of the past. Saturn square the Nodes of the Moon is about the relationship between the past and the future.
The Nodes of the Moon represent the pathway of our soul’s evolutionary journey from the past (the South Node) to the future (the North Node).
The North Node is the direction our Soul longs to go towards in this life, our calling, and the South Node is the direction we need to move away from—the default patterns “inherited” from another life. Yet, you cannot cut the cords of the past. The past needs to be acknowledged. Our future self is just a step forward, another ring in a tree trunk.
Saturn rules our conditioning or the way we were taught and brought up in the world, our “playground” – remember Saturn has rings? The ring marks the border between what is allowed and was is not. It reminds us of our boundaries, responsibilities and commitments.
That’s why Saturn is associated with restrictions and limitations, but with this, it also brings structure and meaning to our life. Saturn has the power to manifest whatever we put our mind to, as long as feasibility criteria are satisfied. Saturn’s lessons actually help us grow.
Saturn square Nodes transit
Saturn square the North Node and the South Node plays an extremely important role in our evolution.
The Nodes call for a development of the Saturnian function, and a wise use of our natural talents and resources. Saturn wants to break down the ego structures that no longer serve us in order to “create” a better version of ourselves. But for this, we must develop strength, order and self-discipline.
Are you stuck in your life? You know if you are stuck in your South Node when everything is quite ok …but something is not quite right. There is something in your psyche that tries to convince you that where you are is good enough (South Node).
But still, deep down, you know you are stagnating. You know that you are being called towards something else. That you were brought into this world for a purpose (North Node). You don’t know what that is yet but you know you need to move towards it, even if the possibility of the unknown frightens you.
Questions to reflect upon during the Saturn square Nodes transit:
- Do you live in the past, present or future?
- Do you play small or do you take chances in your life?
- Are you self-disciplined enough to make good progress towards your goals? Or you’re rather scattered and uncommitted?
- In which areas of your life you need to overcome your insecurities? Do you explore the fullest potential that you are capable of being?
- How do you get to your North Node? What has been left unresolved from past and needs to be addressed, now or never?
- Can you appreciate your unique features and regard them as a beauty all your own? Can you say “I am good enough”?
- Where is the clutter in your life? In your living room? In your relationships? Your career? Your health? How are you going to get rid of it?
Subscribe to Blog via Email