Uranus turns retrograde on August 3, 2017 at 28° Aries and stations direct on January 2, 2018 at 24° Aries.
The world won’t literally turn upside down with Uranus’ station, but Uranus stationary retrograde will definitely bring a lot of surprises, especially now in the middle of the Eclipse season.
Uranus is different. Uranus is nothing like other planets. The only way to understand Uranus is to not try to understand it at all. At least not with our Mercurial, facts driven mind. Uranus is the flash of insight that comes from the sky. It does not come from your mind, or from the world around you, not from the word as you know it. It comes from the sky above.
Uranus is all about surprises. You cannot understand Uranus, prepare for Uranus, master Uranus. The nature of Uranus is Change and its role is to take you by surprise and turn your life upside down. Will that be possible if you will attempt to “tame” Uranus, to prepare for it? No. Uranus energy comes like a strike of lightning.
Uranus it is literally the strike of lighting from the sky. Roy Sullivan, nicknamed “human lightning conductor”, the man who has been struck by lightning for a record of 7 times (and survived them all) has his chart ruler, Mercury in a very tight conjunction to Uranus at 0° Aquarius! (Uranus is the ruler of Aquarius).
Uranus is the opposite of Saturn. If with Saturn you know what are you going to get, with Uranus you never know what you are going to get. If Saturn rewards hard work and punishes you when you don’t put the effort, Uranus can bring you fortune even when you don’t deserve it, and can disrupt your life even if you’ve done everything right. Uranus will make sure that change happens, whether you like it or not.
Uranus is about freedom, innovation, collective memory, sudden change, sudden illumination, breakthroughs, disruption, creativity, liberation, about your true, authentic self.
While Uranus direct is a time to make changes in your environment, in the outside world, Uranus retrograde is a time for internal change. This is a time to revisit and reconnect with your sense of freedom.
This time, it is you who needs to change, not the world around you. Uranian energy is like a scissor which cuts the ties of attachment from the past and pushes you to experience the world from a completely different perspective.
The shift will take place in the realm of the unconscious. Resist the temptation to over analyze your thoughts and actions. Remember, it is not Mercury which turns retrograde, with Uranus the shift takes in your subtle mind. Allow the Universe to talk to you in Its language, not in yours.
Uranus station can be experienced in a myriad of ways, depending on which house in your natal chart is currently transited by Uranus, and also which planets or angles in your natal chart are activated by Uranus. You can expect one of the following ways Uranian energy can play out:
- Freedom – Uranus is all about allowing your spirit to flow freely, unrestricted by false demands or pretense. Uranus stationary retrograde will bring you the key to your cage once you understand that the only freedom that is, is inside you already. “You can chain me, you can torture me, you can even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind” – Ghandi
- Reboot – think on electricity, its nature is on and off, 0 and 1. Uranus will teach you that you can be 100% “on” in a moment and then completely switch off and reboot. Whatever you do, start with a beginner’s mind. A good visualization exercise is to imagine you are an alien, you landed on Earth and you want to understand what the human race is all about. Approach life with curiosity.
- A desire to get real and be honest with yourself – no more lies, no more comfort, it is time to face the fears that hold you back, get real about what you want, embrace your heart’s desire and go after it! Become the person who you really want to be.
- A desire to completely change your life – if you are not happy with your job change it, if you are not happy with your relationship, leave it, do whatever you need to do to, change the things that aren’t working and move on to something better.
- Trauma – Uranus’ station can bring into your awareness some long forgotten memories. Any issues that you, or your ancestors (Uranus rules genetic memory) have not been dealt with, can come to surface now and bring healing.
- Anxiety – because of the disruptive quality of Uranus, we can experience fear and anxiety. Remember it is absolutely normal to experience fear and anxiety when you are about to change something in your life. Make friends with your anxiety and let it propel you forward!
- Flashes of intuitive energy – the higher guidance can come to you out of nowhere. Situations that seemed impossible will begin to work themselves out. Uranus wants to liberate your mind from dogmas so you can think free. A free mind has nothing to prove to anyone. It is what is, and it is not what it’s not, and it is fine with that.
When it stations retrograde, Uranus applies a trine to the North Node of Purpose at 24° in Leo. This is a truly positive aspect and will bring sudden opportunities in your life, opportunities that are aligned with your soul’s destine path. Make sure you recognize them and take advantage of them!
People born in Earth signs (Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn) or people with a lot of Earth in their chart can find this intense Uranian energy difficult to deal with, whereas people born in Air signs (Gemini, Libra, Aquarius), in Mutable signs (Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius, Pisces) or people with a lot of Air or Mutable planets in their chart will thrive during the Uranus station.
If you have personal planets or angles at 28° in Aries or Libra your life will experience profound changes now. This is not only because Uranus hits your chart directly, but also because the Uranus plays a major role in the two Eclipses we have in August (Uranus is the ruler of the Moon Eclipse on August 7th and Uranus also hits the Solar Eclipse in Leo on August 21st in a perfect angle). Look in which house the transit takes place to get more insights.