Mercury enters Scorpio on the 24th of October and will stay here until 12th of November.
It is not easy to say what we really mean, especially when we talk about feelings. Even with the closest of friends, we have a natural defense mechanism to push people away, exactly in those moments when we feel most vulnerable. We hold a piece of ourselves back, and we are especially guarded when it comes to revealing a truth about ourselves, sometimes, ironically, even to ourselves.
Painting: Rene Magritte – La Reproduction interdite
Mercury in Scorpio gets us in touch the depth of our feelings and helps us deal with those sides of ourselves that we usually hide. Our awareness of the underlying motivations of our thoughts and perceptions is increased now.
Mercury is a personal planet, together with Venus and Mars, so it has to do with how we relate to the others and with our interpersonal relationships in general.
Be aware that if you are not totally honest with yourself about your motives and feelings when communicating with others, your unconscious or hidden agendas can harm the others even when that was not your intention. However, if you approach your interactions with honesty, the Mercury in Scorpio transit can bring a great opportunity to dramatically improve your relationships.
Things to do during this transit
- Dig deep to understand what really drives you in your relationships with others – why do you reach out for contact, why do you need to be understood and appreciated? What are you afraid of? What makes you tick?
- Reflect on the concept of honesty. Why is being untruthful, even exaggerating or omitting to mention something, so harmful?
- Do some research and investigation on some controversial topic – what you will find might change your perspective completely on that specific topic
- Read a crime or mystery book
- Check out the concept of “radical honesty”. The idea behind is to always tell the truth, no matter what. Check out the internet, you will find plenty of resources
- Reflect on the implications of telling the truth – can you tell the truth and be kind in the same time? We all know that telling the truth is the right thing, be we should strive to do it with compassion
- Have an honest conversation with your partner or with an close friend or relative. Don’t make excuses, try to lower your defenses and let your imperfections be seen